1. What is SKYJET Airlines?
SKYJET Airlines is the country’s leisure airline. It offers jet service to island dream destination in the Philippines.
2. Where is the airport hub of SkyJet Airlines?
SKYJET Airlines flies from NAIA Terminal 4, also known as Manila Domestic Airport, Old Domestic Road, Paranaque City.
3. What is the Fleet of SkyJet Airlines?
SkyJet Airlines utilizes a fleet of 80-seater BAE-146 manufactured in the United Kingdom by British Aerospace. The aircraft specializes in Short Take-Off/Landing perfect for small island airports with short runaways.
4. What are the destinations of SkyJet Airlines?
SkyJet Airlines flies you to your dream destinations such as Batanes (Basco), Busuanga (Coron) and Boracay (Caticlan).
5. How long is the travel time of each destination?
SkyJet Airlines provides the fastest flights to your dream destinations.
|Manila – Batanes
|Manila – Boracay
|Manila – Coron
|Manila – Siargao
6. What time does your check-in counter open or close?
The SKYJET check-in counter opens two (2) hours before the scheduled flight departure time. The carrier reserves the right not to accept a passenger for travel, cancel or move to the waitlist his/her reservation if he/she fails to check-in forty five (45) minutes before the scheduled time of departure.
7. At what time do I have to be at the boarding gate?
Passengers must arrive at the boarding gate at the airport of departure sufficiently in advance of the actual boarding time. If a passenger fails to present himself at the boarding gate twenty (20) minutes before the scheduled flight departure time will not be accepted and will charge of the No Show at the Gate policy.
8. What can I expect with SkyJet Airline’s IN-FLIGHT experience?
SkyJet Airlines serves snacks and drinks in all its regular flights
9. Do you offer Web Check in?
As of the moment, Skyjet does not offer Web Check in. Passengers are advised to be at the Airport 2 hrs prior the flight for check in. The counter closes 45 minutes before the flight.
10. What documents do I need for Check in?
Aside from the itinerary, passengers are required to bring one valid Government Issued Id such as driver’s license, SSS or Unified Id, Voter’s ID, passport and valid School ID upon check in. In absence of these Ids’s, passengers can present at least 2 valid supporting Id’s such as Company Id, Barangay Id, Postal Id, TIN ID, Philhealth ID, NBI, and Police Clearance.
11. I forgot to bring any Id, can I still be accepted for check in?
No, check in agents will require the passenger to present valid government Issued ID for check in.
1. What is the luggage allowance policy of SkyJet Airlines?
SKYJET allows a free 10kg check-in baggage allowance and a free 15kg hand-carry baggage allowance to each adult passenger, however only a free 5kg check-in baggage allowance is provided for each child passenger.
Excess baggage rate is 150 Php per kilo. (VAT Inclusive)
1dimension of 20cm x 32cm x 45cm
2. Can I check-in valuable or fragile items?
Passengers are strongly advised not to check-in such items as baggage. If they are checked-in as baggage, passengers agree they send for carriage such items at their own risk. Such items include but are not limited to: money, jewellery, precious metals, silverware, electronic devices, computers, cameras, video equipment, negotiable papers, securities or other valuables, passports and other identification documents, title deeds, artifacts, manuscripts and the like.
3. What are Sports Equipment that SKYJET accepts? How much is the fee?
Sports Equipment such as Bicycles, Golf set, Diving/Scuba Diving Equipments, Wake board, Surfboards more than 4 feet in height and other Surfing equipment are subject to an additional handling fee. The handling fee will be PHP 1200 (inclusive of 12% VAT) per passenger per sector. Any other sporting equipment (that is not stated earlier) is accepted as part of the baggage allowance.
4. How do I pack Sports Equipment?
Generally, sports equipment should be packed in a manner that fulfills safety requirements and allows easy transportation. All other sport equipment must be packed in a travel case specially designed for that sports equipment.
- Tires must be deflated. Its lamps, mirrors and pedals must be removed. All other parts of the bicycle must be packed in a way they are positioned in the same direction of the main frame.
- Must be placed with handlebars fixed sideways, pedals removed and tires deflated in a hard shell container specifically designed for shipping, or in a bicycle suitcase.
Diving/Scuba Diving Equipment
- All items must be secured in a sturdy container designed for shipping. Scuba tanks and flares are not allowed. Spear guns must be unloaded with the spear packed separately.
- Must be securely packed in a hard shell container specifically designed for shipping. No scuba tanks. Buoyancy control devices and regulators may be hand carried provided they pass the prescribed dimensions for overhead bins.
Wakeboards, Surfboards and other Surfing Equipment
- The outer container must be strong enough as protection against dents and untoward scratches.
- Must be appropriately covered for dents and scratches. The acceptable length is 11 feet. Only 5 surfboards/wake boards are allowed on a flight.
Bulky Sports Equipment are not part of the Free Baggage Allowance (FBA), they will be an automatic excess baggage. This service entitles the passenger of up to 15kgs of Sports Equipments.
Maximum Weight under the Bulky Sports Equipment Fee is 15kgs. per person per way. If exceeded the Bulky Sports Equipment allowable weight, the excess weight will be charged based on current rules on excess baggage charges.
Sports Equipments not included/mentioned here will be assessed using standard excess baggage fee still subject for acceptance as free baggage allowance or as checked baggage. Examples of equipment not included/mentioned here:
- Fishing Gear
- Golf Clubs
- Bowling Balls
Some Sports Equipment are accepted as checked-in baggage but must be coursed thru Cargo Services.
Examples of such equipment are:
- Windsurfing Equipment
- Oxygen bottle (for rescue divers) – must be evaluated by Cargo prior to acceptance.
5. How To Avail Surf Board as Sports Equipment?
The passenger may call the reservations hotline through 02-863-1333 or may email email@example.com for the booking of your Surfboard.
1. When can I avail of SKYJET’s Prepaid Baggage?
Prepaid Baggage Allowance is available at the time of booking up to 4 hours before scheduled time of departure.
2. How/Where can I avail of SKYJET’s offered Prepaid Baggage?
Prepaid Baggage Allowance may be availed through the Skyjet website, call center or sales offices.
3. Is there a limit on how much Prepaid Baggage a passenger can buy?
Due to possible overloading, flights to BSO and IAO are limited up to Prepaid Baggage of 10kgs while MPH and USU Prepaid Baggage of up to 20kg.
4. What will happen if my luggage exceeds both my free 10kg baggage allowance and purchased prepaid baggage allocation? Will I be penalized?
Any excess weight from your Prepaid Baggage Allowance is subject to existing Excess Baggage Rate.
5. If I decide not to push through with my flight, can I refund the Prepaid Baggage I bought?
Prepaid Baggage Allowance is non-rebookable and non refundable.
6. I bought too much Prepaid Baggage, can I give my extra kilograms to another passenger?
Prepaid Baggage Allowance may not be transferred. It can only be used by the passenger for the specific flight and sector for which it is paid.
7. Can I share my purchased Prepaid Baggage with my companion?
Pooling of Prepaid Baggage is allowed provided that passengers are booked in one record locator and appear the check-in counter at the same time.
8. How much baggage can I check-in at a time in totality?
Maximum weight of each checked baggage is 32kg.
9. I purchased Prepaid Baggage but I decided not to use it, can I refund it?
No, prepaid baggage is non refundable.
10. Can I use my prepaid baggage for my sports equipment baggage?
Sports equipment is considered as special handling baggage. Thus, it cannot be combined to free baggage allowance or prepaid baggage. Sports Equipment has a fee of Php 1200.